Dress Shorts Retrospective: At 1800 hours, when I'd forsaken any hope that someone would notice that I had a new outfit on yesterday--forget noticing that I'd taken the Dress Shorts risk--the Big Boss came out of his office, exchanged words with some other bosses in the hallway about a recent unfavorable AP article, turned to me and said, "New outfit. I like it." I gushed. "Thanks!"
"That is a new outfit, right? It's nice."
This, of course, was no time for the demonstrative Flapper dance, which had been received flatly an hour before by the Boss's special assistant, who dimly noted that he hadn't realized I was wearing shorts as I yanked the fabric taut across my lap area and performed a truncated jiggy two-step.
The point is, I'll be wearing the Dress Shorts at least twice a week from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want the Dress Shorts to be a recurring thing in this blog, I hope you know. Perhaps illustrated through a photo journal.
Post a Comment