Friday, September 19, 2008

Really Really Pretty Goes to the Market

First Sunday in October, collection pending. Eastern Market, meet East meets West.

Heard a poem last night that gave me the urgent impulse to gather up every poem the writer had ever written and publish them immediately. I wanted everyone to feel how I felt.

Tomorrow morning there's a walking tour of U street, which should be informative. Learned this morning that the Library of Congress houses a bunch of recordings of normal people interviewing other normal people, like, for instance, a cab driver interviewing another cab driver. Who would I interview? Every day I'm going pick someone I'd like to interview among the people I see. D.C.'s full of interesting and earnest people, so many of them emanate goodwill, smile in passing, offer compliments to strangers. It's becoming difficult to find a good reason to leave.

No comments: