Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stay Fancy

Holy shit I finally got my watermelon socks. I am absolutely in love with them. Nothing, um, let's say, conventionally fancy I've bought in the last year compares to my excitement about bright-hued footwear and stockings. This has been a big week for me as far as exceptional hosiery goes. Saks sent me some bright red Wolford tights ,which I wore to the office on Wednesday. They were a little zany for some--the big boss's assistant gave me her look that translates to, "CAMRON. CamRON!" and then noted that if she wore the same outfit that I chose to wear that day, then people would think she'd lost her mind. I love the way she says my name, just two syllables, really emphatically. CAM-RON. But the big boss noted that the tights were festive and a great fashion choice. When I broke the news to him that there will be no future appearances of the bright red tights, he expressed some disappointment. Was he just being nice? 

You know when you wear something possibly questionable and you're not sure whether or not you made the right decision? And you see some people looking at you for just a tick longer than is normal? And you're like wait, maybe this is a terrible move after all. You have a choice then. You can go to Filene's down the street and buy some black tights, change into them, and feel conventional for the rest of the day. Or you can just give that worry up to Jesus and rock the red tights like you were born in them. Was this a story about you or me?

This post is really scattered, and I'm going to tell you why: I'm listening to this new musician at full volume and my head is, like, pretty close to the speakers. But these songs give me such good feelings! So last week I was at my liqour store buying some beer, and my guy was playing an amazing sounding Otis Redding-esque live show. Obviously I loved it, so he wrote the name down for me--JAMES HUNTER. Download the album "People Gonna Talk". "Mollena" is DEFINITELY going to be one of the first songs I cover when I'm a recording artist. So, so good. 

Per semi-popular demand, Medieval Times recount to continue (soon).

LOVE
Cameron

1 comment:

Mollena said...

Please send me a copy when you do cover it!

Peace

~Mollena

(Yes, that one.)
http://mollena.com